The STAR

Weekly Magazine THE STAR

TERM  
Mr. Shim kyung-Min
Sophomore, Chung-Ang Univ.

[PART 1]
Welcome to Arirang News.
This is the late edition for Wednesday, October 30th.
I\'m Ahn Chak Hee.
And I\'m Kim Kiho.
Thanks for joining us.

President Kim Dae-jung is back in the capital after a six-day trip outside the country which included the 10th 1.____ _______ __________ ____________ _______ .
2. ___ _____ ________ while stressing the need to resolve North Korea\'s nuclear program in a peaceful manner 3. _____ ___ ___________ ______ once again to take action on the issue.
Park Soojin reports.

4.______ ____ _________ at Seoul Airport on Wednesday evening President Kim Dae-jung briefed the nation on the outcome of the 1.____ _______ __________ _______ _______ in Los Cabos, Mexico this past weekend.
2. ___ _____ ________ said an international consensus was reached among APEC leaders 5.___ _________ ________ __________ North Korea\'s nuclear weapons program urging Pyeongyang once again to take prompt and 6._________ _______ ____ ____ _________ verifiable action on the matter.

\" President Kim’s address\"

President Kim also emphasized Chinese President Jiang Zemin\'s full support for a peaceful resolution as well as President George W. Bush\'s confirmation that 7.___ _______ ________ _____ ____ ________ ________ ________.
He reiterated Seoul, Washington, and Tokyo\'s trilateral agreement to pursue 8.__ _________ _________ ________ ____ ____________ __________ adding that the current situation was an opportunity to bring an end to the Cold War and to establish stability on the Korean peninsula.
Park Soojin, Arirang TV.
[PART 2]
***Select correct answer ***
A: Can I help you with anything before you leave?
B: Sure. Can you find me an airport taxi that won\'t rip me off?
A: No problem. But is that all I can do?
B: _______________________
(a) Enough is enough.
(b) Please, leave me alone.
(c) That\'s all. Thank you.

A: Do you mind if I don\'t invite Ri-su to our party this weekend?
B: I don\'t mind. I don\'t like her anyway. But I thought you liked her.
A: No, I don\'t. She always wants to be the center of attention and I\'m sick of it.
B: ______________________.

(a) I know what you\'re talking about.
(b) I don\'t mind at all.
(c) I can\'t believe my eyes.
(d) I\'ll see you with her soon.

A: Hey, what\'s the matter? You look so upset.
B: I\'m at my wit\'s __________ with this computer! I can\'t figure out how to install this software my friend gave me.
(a) edge
(b) corner
(c) side
(d) end

A: Why were you and Susan shouting at each other?
B: Well, I didn\'t want to have _____________ with her, but when she insulted me again, I lost my cool.

(a) odds
(b) dinner
(c) words
(d) feelings

A: My boyfriend is the nicest and most caring guy I\'ve ever met. The only problem is that he doesn\'t know how to dress properly.
B: What do you mean?
A: Well, he\'s from Ku-ri so he doesn\'t know how to dress in Seoul.
Whatever he wears, he looks like a fish out of water.

(a) Have you driven my car lately?
(b) Have you been in the city lately?
(c) Have you tried to help him?
(d) Have you tried this dish lately?

A: I don\'t know what to do. My wife has been offered several excellent jobs in Seoul.
But I need at least three more years to finish my study here in New York.
I don\'t want her to pass ________ a good career opportunity, though.
B: Have you considered transferring to another school in Seoul? It\'s a great city, you know.

(a) through (b) by (c) for (d) up

A: I have a crush on a girl in my English class.
B: Have you asked her out?
A: Yes, I have several times already. But whenever I ask her out, she says she is busy.

(a) Maybe she is trying to spare your feelings.
(b) Maybe there\'s something that bothers me a lot.
(c) I believe she is a lot more annoying.
(d) I\'d consider she was saying yes to you.

The girl had her heart _______ on going to the concert with her friends but a family emergency dashed her plans.

(a) set
(b) picked
(c) put
(d) let